Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 15, 2013


                            Ms. Sanctified
He told me that he loved me, before he even knew my name.
I thought that he was crazy, he had to be insane.
How could he really love me, when this was our very first encounter?
How could he ever love me, when he had not met my mother?

Didn't he know that I would be she with everyday that I aged?
Didn't he know that my mother was a woman full of grace?
A woman who demanded, that she be treated as an equal
A woman who was strong, but who always avoided trouble.

"You love me?" I asked him. "But we just met," I exclaimed.
And while I responded, I felt the warm blood rush through my veins.
Thankful that my chocolate-colored skin was an adequate disguise.
And that I was immune to his obvious lie.

"You don't love me," I replied,. "There is no way that you could."
What you really want is for me to drop my defense, like another woman would.
And let you have your way with me, use me and then walk away.
Tarnish my heart, assault my soul, with the game you want to play."

"But pardon me, I am Ms. Sanctified. You see, I have been crucified-
With Christ. This body is his temple, and it will not be defiled
By you or any other, smooth talking Mr. Lie.
So be gone, move along. Try that line on someone else.
And get behind me Satan, today I pass the test."
                                                                                                                     GBE 1/15/2013 (c)




4 comments: