Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Love and Sex

I have often wondered, why coitus or sexual intercourse is referred to as love making. In my younger years, I also referred to it as such, until I became enlightened and came to the knowledge that the two are as different as night and day. The sex act or sexual intercourse oftentimes is performed in the absence of love. ("Been there and done that.")  If you doubt me, think about the many times you or someone you know, engaged in sexual activity and love was nowhere in sight. You could not even find it even if you used a electron microscope.

I have been alive for for while, and the longer I live the more I am convinced that love, the kind of love that is pure, healing, and nurturing comes from an intimate relationship with God. This love never dies. It is tangible. It is not heightened or diminished by sex. It is this  Love that extends from the God of the universe into our hearts, and then seeps out of our  and touches all we know and all we do.

So every time you use the word love, or say that you are are have made love; analyze that love. Make sure that it is in fact, love in it's purest form. There is noting worst than receiving a dilution of something that you need the full strength of.

Don't settle for less than the love God created for you.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WufRsp12Qdg

No comments:

Post a Comment